St. Christopher le Stocks

St. Christopher le Stocks was originally built on Threadneedle Street on the banks of Walbrook before 1225, and was dedicated to the patron saint of watermen (Weinreb and Hibbert 751). The church has been known by many names, which include St. Christopher upon Cornhull, St. Christopher in Bradestrete, and St. Christopher near le Shambles (Harben; BHO). Since the 14th century, the church has been known as some variant of St. Christopher le Stocks, which derives from its proximity to the Stocks Market. The church is not labelled, but is identifiable, on the Agas map.
Due to damage caused by the Great Fire, the church was rebuilt by Christopher Wren in 1670 with much of the salvaged medieval materials.

References