Finished the JJE and passed it to SA. Another long and painful process. 120 minutes.
Category: "Activity log"
Completed moving many hundreds of emails from inbox and sent box to appropriate departmental folders.
Also moved 2018 collection of folders to archive and created new 2019 tree of folders.
While doing all that noted to-do's for various projects.
Posting time spent over the last week handling timesheets from Endings, Coldesp, Confederation Debates, etc.
First hour back after vacation spent hunting up, signing, submitting and otherwise bureaucratizing.
Processed, delivered timesheets for various RAs.
Submitted travel expense reimbursement to Dean's office for signature and further processing.
Preparing TER for keynote (JS / SLPC conference)in readiness for submitting for reimbursement.
Updating current schedule with recent changes.
Tentative reservations for Sept-Dec. 2018 computer schedule.
Receiving and preparing timesheets (Aug 1-15) for MoEML/ISE3 RAs.
Obtaining JJ's signature.
Started preparing tentative schedule. More project replies expected.
Preparing document summarizing special hardware/software needs.
Received envelope #1 of reimbursement receipts. More coming. Will process when all
Sent email to KL (UofO)advising envelope #1 received. Will notify her when remaining receipts have arrived.
Updating current schedule with changes.
Preparing next term computer bookings on tentative schedule.
Composed and sent email to JJ, JL, CC, AC, JS-R requesting feedback re their individual project's summer use of HCMC facility. (cc'd SA)
Sent email to departmental secretaries advising them of opportunity for projects to book our research computer facility for Sept - Dec. 2018 term. (cc'd SA)
Sent Sept-Dec 2018 computer research facility bookings request out to users. Requested replies by mid-September. Current schedule will remain in effect till then.
Received request from payroll to obtain from JJ an email confirmation re recently submitted timesheets.
Sent email request to JJ who has now authorized via email timesheet payment approval.
Written approval for each grant funded casual hours timesheet should be provided by JJ in advance then said approval email is attached to each individual timesheet when submitted to payroll.
Received, completed ISE3 timesheet for JL (July 1-15).
Completed, submitted 1st Staples order on-line.
Email confirmation received.
Gathered and sent reimbursement information to KL re Lansdowne speaker (JS - SLPC7 conference, June 2018) reimbursement.
All day spent prepping incoming timesheets for ISE/MoEML RAs
Few more still incoming
Arranged for pickup/delivery of honorarium cheque for JS, keynote. ML will present cheque to J.S.
Paperwork in HCMC files.
Delivered today more ISE/MoEML, HCMC to pay roll
Received timesheet info from JT; prepped timesheet ready for JJ signature, copy on file.
More time sheets received and processed for June 16-end pay period.
Prepping more timesheets today for June 16-end pay period
Picked up honorarium cheque for JS (conference keynote). Sent FYI email to CC advising cheque received and ready for presenting to JS.
Prepping June 16-end timesheets for ISE/MoEML.
Updating schedule with additional bookings (MoEML/ISE, Col Desp)
Received TL's timesheet, signed and sent to payroll.
Copy on file.
Prepped, completed timesheet (JL), sent to payroll.
Updated computer schedule with recent RA/project changes.
Released 2 "reserved" computers for general use.
Retained 1 spare computer for future bookings.
Repurposed 1 "reserved" computer for new case studies project.
Updated schedule with new RA bookings till end of August (ColDesp project)
CC requested assistance with booking video recording of lansdowne speaker JS.
Received information from CC for form
Have submitted video booking; received confirmation from AV; advised CC task completed;task correspondence retained and filed.
Processed another timesheet, delivered to payroll today for CT.
Prepped timesheets (June 1-15) timeframe for MoEML and ISE
Updated computer schedule with additional user hours.
Timesheet for JJ's RA:
Processed timesheet for TL; filed copy; forwarded to payroll.
Lots of changes/additions to update schedule with today, all accommodated.
Holding 3 computers for 2 pending projects needs yet to come in.
Updating/rescheduling computer schedule with additional user hours. (MoEML project)
JN: received, completed ISE and MoEML timesheets for JJ.
Assisted JJ with:
-creation of new records
As instructed, mailed KC's cheque to provided Edmonton address.
Sent email advising of today's mailout to KC.
Update:(for last 2 weeks)
Have organized and now posted live the May-August 2018 computer facility schedule. High demand for this term for space.
Updating schedule with booking changes. (Myths on Maps project, MoEML)
Prepared remittance to accounting form and accompanying paperwork for deposit of JJ's cheque to accounting.
Delivered cheque in person to accounting; receipt obtained; copy of all paperwork on file.
Sent email to JJ advising task completed.
Booking additional hours for projects. (MoEML)
Made June hotel reservation for JS (keynote for SLPC7 conference); completed hotel reservation/authorization form; submitted it to Dean's office for signature who will forward to UVic purchasing for processing.
Sent MC, AS, CC, email advising task completed.
Placed phone order for additional office supplies. Delivery expected Thursday.
Received cheque from SA (re Conf. Debates #2 cheque) to deposit.
Prepared cheque deposit and accompanying paperwork. Copies on file.
Delivered in person to accounting; received receipt, attached to our copies, filed.
Received remainder of office supplies that were on back order.
Ordered office supplies; delivery Fri/Monday.
Completed and delivered in person to payroll JL's Jan.16-31st timesheet.
Sent confirmation email to JL (cc'd JJ); copy on file.
Completed and delivered in person to payroll AH's timesheet for Jan 1-15 pay period. Copy on file.
Sent JJ email.
BAK requested new Lansdowne poster information be inserted on live site.
Task completed; email sent to BAK information on live site under announcements.
Completed and delivered in person today to payroll MT's timesheet; copy on file; confirmation email sent to MT, JJ.
At JJ's request: gathered RAs work schedules from JL, AH, CW in order to send work schedule to JT. Sent email to JT (cc'd 3 RAs, JJ).
Completed and delivered in person to payroll JL's timesheet; copy on file; sent JJ confirmation email.
Received work schedule and hours from JL (ISE3 team). Remainder of RA hours yet to be received.
Compiling JL & AH's work schedule for JT.
Received timesheets from JJ for MT. Process when hours received.
Delivered in person to payroll TG (TEI assistant)timesheet.
Updated computer schedule with additional user hours for Jan - April 2018 term.
Ordered 2 black toner cartridges today from IOE; expected delivery next week.
We have spare colored toner on hand.
Updating Jan-April 2018 term with additional user hours.
Updating computer schedule with users' new hours for Jan-April 2018 term.
Updated 2018 computer schedule with current users' hours for Jan. - end of April 2018 term.
Nov WS timesheet 2 done.
With SA and JJ, began finalizing all the conference expenses and bills, compiling stats for the SSHRC report, and checking all the details. There's a stack of work to do here.
Timesheet for AR done.
Received request from SB to update announcements with additional upcoming talk.
Updated site today with new information.
Busy all week with TEI conference preparation.
Prepared cheque deposit for JJ.
Delivered deposit, receipt received, copy paperwork filed in JJ's records.
Did AR's timesheets for October.
Received 3 emails from SB (EMRC) with updates to current site.
Have updated home index with new text; updated includes files with new announcements; and updated faculty page with updated faculty information.
Sent email to SB advising changes made to current site.
Did the hiring process for AR, which involved some phone calls as there are new bits on the green sheet. There's also a new timesheet. Got everything set up, and she's already well into work on MoEML and ColDesp.
As requested by JJ, prepared paperwork re deposit of QME cheque.
Delivered cheque and accompanying paperwork in person today to accounting for deposit; receipt received; copies of all paperwork filed in JJ's records.
With SA, did a walkaround of rooms for conferences the weekend after next, and tested projectors, power, etc.
Invoiced HB for 2017 1st QTR; cheque received and deposited. Copies in HCMC files.
Updated computer schedule with additional project users' hours. Booking May through August.
Submitted April 2017 leave report.
Final workstudy timesheets and separation documents done; one Endings position completed with final timesheet. Lots of chasing of folks to get their final hours.
Updated computer schedule with additional user hours (L.of Inj. project; ISE hours)
Confirmation email sent to users.
Attended conference mtng. #3
Gathering more hotel, shuttle services, dinner location information.
Attended local committee meeting (#2). (9:30-11:00)
Contacting other hotels for accommodation details etc.
follow up with possible conference dinner locations; cost, menus, special food requests (e.g. allergies, gf foods .....) beverages (cost; options)
Next local committee meeting (#3):
Tuesday, April 25; 9:30am
Poll sent to staff, JJ re availability for venue tour. Will contact HM (club) to arrange tour when availability dates known.
- shuttle services
Next committee meeting:
Tuesday, April 18 - 9:00 am; HCMC
Updated today's schedule with user hours changes.
Sent confirmation email to AR re changes.
Sent Loomis HCMC's change of address notification via email with attached excel spreadsheet.
Coralling data, confirming, filling out timesheets, workstudy and Endings.
Set up another web vote for English.
Updated computer schedule with users' change of hours bookings.
Did final timesheet and advice of separation form. Note to self: workstudy supervisor can sign the latter; it doesn't need to be the dept head.
Request from BT to tweak an existing web vote already set up by Stew; I've done that. Second request from the English dept for a completely new ballot, which I've set up in the live db through the new form-based interface, after finding that the test instance is a bit borked at the moment. Hopefully all goes well; it looks OK to me.
Four done and submitted for March 1-15.
Attended Emergency Planning Meeting with MH.
Very informative and up to date.
Updating schedule today with users additional hours. (Myths on Maps; Confederation Debates)
Endings and workstudy.
Sorted/donated to UVic Library miscellaneous HCMC language learning books. Retained/filed hard copy list of books in admin. records.
Attended meeting 1:00-2:00 pm re CLE Signage Upgrade Proposal.
Relayed notes to SA.
Placed G&T order for GN. (1 item on b/o)
Order in progress.
Ordered remainder of staff business cards through on-line printing.
Before Christmas, arranged to chat with JS on Graduate Certificate. After DH committee meeting added in topic of plans for MakerLab and how Pat might help support that (as part of his lab-support duties).
Re Graduate Certificate : JS is leading effort (along with MC in Dean's office) of redrafting academic terms of program. Currents students are being supported. He's looking at a "certificate" model and a "concentration" model, which have different implementation implications regarding nature of integration with rest of graduate course and project work. Concern is to keep amount of work reasonable within a 2-year MA program, and providing qualified instructors across various disciplines.
Re MakerLab : JS with Deans of Humanities and Fine Arts are working out a deal to have the lab supported by both faculties and providing activities that entail participation by students from both faculties. Sees an opportunity for Pat to possibly provide user support and training on the technologies in the lab (likely fine arts people would provide technical support on the equipment).