Elaborate the fourth section plan, including retrieving references and making notes for individual paragraphs.
Elaborate the third section plan, including retrieving references and making notes for individual paragraphs.
Draft completed Dec 20
Elaborate the second section plan, including retrieving references and making notes for individual paragraphs.
Draft completed Dec 19
Elaborate the first section plan, including retrieving references and making notes for individual paragraphs.
Install all old HotPot versions into a VM so we can look at the development of functionality and code over the years.
Retrieved some references, assigned word-counts to sections, and began fleshing out the plan. Established some tasks to be accomplished.
By next Thursday, I should have a code review done, and we can start elaborating some markup guidelines. I'll also take the Allard down from the site -- I was posting as many documents as I could find to see how the titles and headings were working. I'll try to figure out what the problem is with Sonnet de Courval too.
The following announcement went out to all departments yesterday.
** IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT**
** Please distribute to your faculty and staff**
**** CALL FACILITY CLOSED DECEMBER 18TH-JANUARY 8TH 2007***
I hope this email finds you all well, and not too frantic with the end of the semester exam preparations and of course all of this crazy weather!
The CALL Facility will be undergoing renovations starting on the 16th of December 2006 through to the 8th of January 2007. During this time the CALL Facility will be CLOSED. We will re-open on the 8th of January 2007. We apologize for this inconvenience and hope that you will bear with us during this time. We will still be responding to your emails.
For those instructors wishing to have orientations/demos in the CALL Facility, these will commence on the 10th of January 2007. Please contact Ali to book these asap.
These renovations are extremely important for the CALL Facility, thus the urgency of this project. The front counter area of the CALL Facility will be completely renovated to allow for much needed and improved access for all users, staff, and most importantly those with disabilities.
We are very excited about this project, as the issue of accessibility and accommodation has become increasingly important over the past years. I can ensure you that all departments, students and staff will find these renovations beneficial. We look forward to continuing to provide you with the highest quality of service possible!
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
With Martin and Greg's assistance:
rewrote some of Mike's calls which relied on id($id) method to use more conventional xquery.
When I tried to test these in the jnlp client, we eventually realized that the client was incompatible with the version of eXist running the MofL db. Got that going by grabbing the exist from the server and editing the shell script to call on it from my mac.
Eventually got xquery which seems to return sensible data back, but subsequent call to xslt passing in that data fails.
Also, as a matter of interest I was unable to return nodelist of attribute nodes as Mike had done, but instead returned entire article and then extracted id attribute node and its data from that.
I am just confirming everyone's vacation plans, and listing a few items that you should be aware of. First, vacation plans:
- Ali: Dec. 18th - Jan. 10th
- Scott: Dec. 21st - Jan. 7th
- Judy: Dec. 18th - Jan. 2nd
- Stewart: Jan. 2nd - 7th, two days in Dec. TBA
- Martin: Dec. 22nd - Jan. 7th
- Greg: Week of closure only
- -- Only Greg and Stewart will be in Dec. 21st - 22nd.
- -- Only Greg and Judy will be in the first week of January.
1) The CALL office space will undergo renovations Dec. 18th - Jan. 5th to improve accessibility. During that period the CALL will remain closed and access through it blocked. This will cause some disruption, noise, and dust for the period, and likely workmen will be using our passage for access. We will do our best to keep them on the other side of the building, and in and out through the far elevator in A wing. Ali and I will both be gone for much of the renovation, and either Marc Thoma or Pat Konkin will be responsible for checking in daily for CASS. The project officers, Gordon Argyle and Gorman Lee, will be responisble for oversight and completion of the project.
2) The office currently being used by Paul and Jessica (Peter's old office) will be re-keyed soon. Currently, the office shares the same key as mine, and circumstances require us to separate the keys. Although full and part time DCST appointments will be issued a key to the office, only the full-time appointment (Paul at this point) will be issued a key to the HCMC front door.
3) David Badke will be leaving us December 31st. We have appreciated his efforts and good work, and will miss him. Please extend your gratitude and say goodbye before you take off for the holidays. I have a feeling he will continue at UVic in one capacity or another, so I think we will be seeing him around. I would like to propose we take him for a drink after work one day. Let's talk about it.