Vacation Schedules, CALL Renos, Keys
I am just confirming everyone's vacation plans, and listing a few items that you should be aware of. First, vacation plans:
- Ali: Dec. 18th - Jan. 10th
- Scott: Dec. 21st - Jan. 7th
- Judy: Dec. 18th - Jan. 2nd
- Stewart: Jan. 2nd - 7th, two days in Dec. TBA
- Martin: Dec. 22nd - Jan. 7th
- Greg: Week of closure only
- -- Only Greg and Stewart will be in Dec. 21st - 22nd.
- -- Only Greg and Judy will be in the first week of January.
1) The CALL office space will undergo renovations Dec. 18th - Jan. 5th to improve accessibility. During that period the CALL will remain closed and access through it blocked. This will cause some disruption, noise, and dust for the period, and likely workmen will be using our passage for access. We will do our best to keep them on the other side of the building, and in and out through the far elevator in A wing. Ali and I will both be gone for much of the renovation, and either Marc Thoma or Pat Konkin will be responsible for checking in daily for CASS. The project officers, Gordon Argyle and Gorman Lee, will be responisble for oversight and completion of the project.
2) The office currently being used by Paul and Jessica (Peter's old office) will be re-keyed soon. Currently, the office shares the same key as mine, and circumstances require us to separate the keys. Although full and part time DCST appointments will be issued a key to the office, only the full-time appointment (Paul at this point) will be issued a key to the HCMC front door.
3) David Badke will be leaving us December 31st. We have appreciated his efforts and good work, and will miss him. Please extend your gratitude and say goodbye before you take off for the holidays. I have a feeling he will continue at UVic in one capacity or another, so I think we will be seeing him around. I would like to propose we take him for a drink after work one day. Let's talk about it.