REVISED AP TEST INSTRUCTIONS
Revised AP Test Instructions (May 4, 2007)
May 4, 2007 Instructions: (Stewart, Judy) AP TESTING HOW-TO
1) Insert CD
2) Log in, start “Sanako Lab 300”, make sure the source for all 4 groups (A-D) is Cassette.
3) Place only participating machines in a group. If this is not done the machines NOT participating will cause the next step to fail.
4) Choose AP Test under the Testing menu.
5) Under the “Student ID” section of the UI press “Start” to make the system aware of the participating students.
6) Students then enter their AP ID # (8 digits) using the bookmark buttons in the Sanako player.
7) When the students are done click on “Stop” (“Entering student ID Button”) under the “Student ID” section of the UI. Button turns to “Start”.
ID # for each student is then indicated on each student icon at teacher station
B: PLAY/RECORD SAMPLE
1) Teacher audio or track on CD as SOURCE (we used “Teacher”)
2) Press “Sample” under the “Student ID” section of the UI to test playback.
3) If students hear the source press “Stop” before Record then press “Record” and have the students speak a few words to test the recording functionality.
4) Press “Replay” to let students listen to their “dry run”. If they hear their recording press (unclick) “Record” again to stop the dry run.
C: TRIAL RUNS + TEST
CHANGE SOURCE TO “CD AUDIO”:
1) Cue the CD to the desired track (starts playing?) . Press “Start” (under Exam) and the
“Pause Student Recording” so the students can hear the taped instructions and do the TWO practice runs (but not to be recorded), hit “Play” button again to start CD if stopped. The entire Instructions/Practice takes approximately 4.5 minutes. Pause the Master track if necessary so teachers can field questions.
2) Once instructed to “begin recording”, unclick the “Pause Student Recording” button under the Exam section of the UI to begin the test. If master track is not running, click the Play Button (green arrow).
3) Hit “Pause Student Recording” when instructed to “stop recording”. Master track continues to run.
4) When instructed to “begin recording” again, unpause the student recording by clicking on the “Pause Student Record” button. Keep in mind that unpausing the student recording (for some reason) pauses the Master track. If that happens hit “Play” on the master track so students can hear the questions and record themselves.
5) When the test is over press “Stop” then “Collect” and follow the onscreen instructions
6) Collect goes to “Lab B Media”; files are on desktop of teacher station make backup/burn CD before LogOut