Digitizing of the remaining Indonesian audio tapes is going to be done this semester, with the current TA working as a workstudy on our workstudy project. She's due to show up at 1 o'clock, so I prepared the audio station. Various devices had been moved and unplugged; that's sorted now, and the top cassette player is working (the bottom one is broken).
First, I went through the process of digitizing using the current SoundForge app on the station. Then I updated all of our online instructions (they date back a few years, and are based on CoolEdit instead of SoundForge). Then I logged in as a regular user, and discovered that SoundForge can't run (it defaults to a folder in the hcmc user space as its temp folder, and can't write to it). I spent a while tracking this down, and eventually modified a couple of registry settings, to make it point to
c:\sf_temp instead. Then I tested the digitizing process. I put copies of the existing indonesian stuff (Chapters 10 through 12) from Squash in the