All the original data files were created using a schema from the Image Markup Tool, which was named for the IMT version which created it. This is now obsolete, with a new version of the IMT which slightly changes the schema, so I updated all the data as follows:
- Created a new schema from the current version of the IMT, but named it mariage.xsd so that future changes don't involve editing XML files.
- Edited all the text markup files, changing the schema link to point at the new schema. Validated all the files.
- Changed all the image markup xml files to point at the new schema, and made changes so that they would validate.
- Created a new web-sized version of the image for the paris.xml file (new, partly-done markup).
- Uploaded all the image files to the eXist db and tested them. Some changes to the XSLT were necessary to make the new format work; edited imt_p5_1_to_xhtml.xsl (this filename should also probably change in the future).
- Uploaded new text xml files into eXist and tested them.
All files now use the same schema, called mariage.xsd, and all validate. Made the initial changes on ENDIVE so Claire and France will pick up the changes when they come down to work on Thursday.