Following our meeting last week, I've now drafted a preliminary shot at a project proposal for phase two, and forwarded it to JS-R for additional data, edits and gap-filling.
Minor changes made today in readiness for
upcoming meeting with SB on Wed., Nov.9th.
Index page - deleted title tag
All pages - changed alt wording
Added course to Eligible Elective Courses list as
Sent confirmation email to SA with change.
I completed the markup package with examples and instructions, based on our meeting yesterday, and I've now sent it out to the team.
I need to provide the schema and example markup for KT before I go away, so I've been wrestling with Roma to get an adequate schema which includes
@dur. It turns out att.duration is in the spoken module, none of whose elements we care about or need, but it took me a while and some help from the council to figure that one out; there's a bug in there somewhere.
I've created a sample placeography and a sample eventography, and I now need to create an example person entry for the personography, with all the data they'll want to include, along with an overall explanation of the relationships between the files, and how to do linking.
Met with SR, JS and KT about the emerging interest in tagging much more than the basics in our texts. Over the course of the discussion, a new orientation for the project emerged: instead of focusing on textual versioning as we had previously intended, it appears that everyone is more interested in what we might call conceptual versioning: tagging people, places, events and speech events in the two texts, and linking them to the appropriate *ographies, then finding ways to visualize the patterns and contrasts between the two texts. To that end, I need to create a new schema for KT and provide some basic instructions on how to use it, which I'll do this afternoon. JS would like to see output of the comparative data in RDF format because he has some specific visualization tools in mind which use RDF.
I'm finding it useful to attack the TEI Guidelines with XQuery once in a while, to dig out and format stuff for review and discussion. However, you can't just load the P5 source into eXist, because you'll have problems with entities and have to mess with DTD catalogues. Instead, you can just expand the guidelines-en.xml file to pull in all the content referenced through entities, like this:
.../P5/Source$ xmllint --noent guidelines-en.xml --output guidelines-expanded-en.xml
That gives you a 6MB file you can upload into eXist and query easily.
I've discovered that the "new offering" form and the "edit offering" form are two completely separate instances. "new offering" is in the file script_files/php/load_creation_area.php and "edit offering is in the file script_files/php/manage_calendars.php.
I found this out the hard way when I added a seq_1_detail_subhead and seq_2_detail subhead elements to one of the forms and js code to show and hide them, and of course when the other form invokes the code, js errors are thrown (null objects) and the form elements are not populated.
The advanced search form provides a dropdown for the periodical title and the value it passes into the _GET array is the index selected, which corresponds to the id for that periodical in the database. I needed to modify the $_fieldMap variable in vpn-search/classes/VPNFormBuilder.php so that the publisher field in the form mapped to the organs.org_id field in the DB.
The other possible approach would have been to change the optionsFromSql('organs', 'or_id', 'or_name') call in the form_advanced.php file to optionsFromSql('organs', 'or_name', 'or_name'), but as some of the organ names contain spaces, that might cause problems. I have not tested that.
The other odd thing is that I'd like to use the "organ-name" controls in the form on the page, but I can't seem to get the correct behaviour when I use controls with those names. I must be missing something obvious, as identical code (except for the name of the input element on the page) produced different results.