Editors' meeting 6am on Skype, minutes prepared, follow-up actions on assignment of reviewers, updating of tracking documents, and the consolidation of a copyedited article for the authors to proof.
Investigating oddities in the rendering of the historical personography, I found a bunch of typos, some of which look like they might have resulted from automated markup processes. Wrote to TL to see if there's anything in the spreadsheet code that might account for them. Fixed a bunch, but there will be more.
JT found a bug: when you click on a name in the name list in the gazetteer, it retrieved all mentions of that place, not all mentions of that place with the spelling you chose. That's now fixed, tested in dev and ported to live. Just a typo in XQuery.
The Osborne article has a HUGE bibliography, so I completed my code for rendering bibls instead of biblStructs, and created a Transformer sequence that really helps mark up bibls rapidly. Marked up the bibliography and tested -- all working. Did a couple of the paras in the document. This is long, so it will take a while, but the availability of bibl in place of biblStruct will save a lot of time in future.
I've been working on re-organizing the build system for the TEI Oxygen plugin, using ant, so that the four different build scenarios we need to handle are all easily run from a single source, and there's more support for people doing release-building. This has required learning quite a bit more about ant than I knew before, all of which is very useful. I'm 90% done with this, although obviously some bits are untested (uploading to SourceForge, uploading to tei-c).
Wanted to get things finished before the long weekend. Partly succeeded.
This entry is to help me next time I need to do the same thing.
I frequently run XPath in oXygen to find stuff. For example, I just wanted to find all the non-conformant xml:id attributes in a file. So, I used this XPath expression to find them:
and it responded with output like this:
System ID: /path/to/my/file/FILENAME.xml Description: xml:id="feefifofum_3" XPath location: /TEI/text/body/div/listPerson/person Start location: 1703:21 End location: 1708:30
I'm only interested in the actual xml:id value (feefifofum_3) so I ran this regex:
and replaced the match with the first group \1 (or $1 in oXygen)
Meetings and overload.
With the team's approval, I've ported the print stylesheet stuff I wrote last night on dev to live. I've also implemented most of what needs to be done for internal bibl refs (ref @type=mol:bibl); remaining: no links for unpublished docs, and warning of that status, and probably some re-formatting of the date.
Met with DR today re changes to website.
Would like to: add two primaries; remove some secondaries; investigate
image wrappers around existing photos; update news items; interested in photo gallery option.
DR will send email outlining specifics to JN.