After encoding all the files (original task) I discover that the current version of Quicktime in the labs cannot play back the encoded video. This was unexpected as the same version on the Mac is capable of playback. I'll need to re-encode the files.
I've met with Marie Roulleau, and will meet with Françoise Keating tomorrow, regarding the preparation of audio materials for use in their final exams this semester. The process requires digitising of teaching materials and creating a single digital file for the instructor to send out to students.
Discussed the cart mods with Darryl from FacMan. He figures that our budget is sufficient for the mods I requested, but cannot commit until he sees the TV with the cart and has a chance to investigate prices for parts and labour. I'll get back to them when the TV arrives.
The RFQ for the CANJAS LCD purchase has produced 4 quotes, only two of which are for the Samsung LNS3251D.
I looked at the proposed alternatives from other suppliers and am not satisfied that the proposals would fit our requirements.
My preference is to go with the last supplier (quote 4) as the price is, overall, lower than the other quote (quote 2) and is in my mind a more suitable supplier for our requirements. They will also deliver within 2-3 days of receiving the PO.
Martin had the missing clock files, which we uploaded to the web site.
I then downloaded the entire clipart folder to my mac, put a copy of it in the old web archive folder, zipped that folder and put it up in the root of the departmental account. see related post
Not yet sure if it will also solve the problem with the Map of London site reported here.
I'm marking this task as completed, because we have identified most of the problem areas. We now need to progress to creating proper markup guidelines.
I need to work through the existing markup and look at how some key items are handled:
- sourceDesc bibliographical info (should be formal, probably using biblStruct)
- titles and headings
- pagination/page breaks
- major divisions (are there any nested divs?)
- other line-level tagging practices
Once that's done, we can progress to the creation of some formal guidelines.
The permalink I added yesterday, leading from the report to the full posts, was not working correctly on the standalone report because relative URLs were wrong. Added a base tag to the standalone report, which means other urls can be simplified too.
...spent trying helping Stew figure out why one site (Lansdowne) works and the other one (FrancoToile) doesn't. After a lot of diffing between the sites, eventually discovered that the helpers/get_events.php file had a namespace error; the default namespace was being set to the tei namespace, but the query was being done with a namespace prefix of tei: which wasn't mapped to anything.