Log in

HCMC Journal

Handling locations; fixing horrible data

: Martin Holmes
Minutes: 180

Today I did a first pass through rendering the location and address information, and in the process found a stack of ridiculous data errors in the 1911 dataset which I’ve fixed. They consisted mostly of street names repeated in street number fields, or cases where the address field had both street number and name but one or both of the dedicated street number and street name fields were left empty. There were also lots of cases of values set to #VALUE!, which I presume came originally from Access or Excel.