Hot Potatoes 7 is now at a point where it's ready to be put to real use, and the Latin site has been waiting for it, since the site needs a refresh, a new style, and support for audio. I started by creating an svn repo for it (svn/latin), into which I've put the current Wheelock materials, and future editing will be done using the repo, which makes everything a bit more robust. I've already created a customized index file page and one other custom file which adds a second keypad at the top of JCloze exercises. I built Unit 1 and posted it for some feedback from MN. One thing I'm running into is the issue that the source folder setting in the Masher is an absolute path; that's obviously not what anyone wants, because we need to be able to check out and build the site on multiple machines, so I've gone back to the Masher codebase in Delphi and I'm adding support for relative paths (making them the default, in fact). Once this is all working and tested, it should make building the site much easier, and in fact enable editors to build entire units themselves with the right source files to test their work.
This entry was posted by and is filed under Activity log.