Worked with MK and JJ over the last two days working on various mayoral pageant encoding. Each playbook gets two documents (as well as paratexts/critical introductions etc etc):
- An old-spelling edition, which includes a horizontal collation. This is not radically different from how we've encoded the pageants (and Stow) already, but a few small changes:
- There will be fewer divs than before. The title page goes in the front, while the rest goes in the body.
- Instead of using choice/(sic|corr), we will use app/(lem|rdg). This allows us to do a horizontal collation, which is fairly simple since there are few versions of these texts. Plus, it hasn't really been done yet, so it's a worthwhile thing to do.
- A modernized version, which will include a vertical collation. We talked about this a bit less, since we won't be working on this for a bit, but we had a few ideas:
- Since the move element has now opened up, we've thought about using move to denote the physical geographical movement of the characters through space. It may be a bit of an abuse of @where, so I'll have to check on this.
- We also want to denote discursive shifts in the play (the shift from description to history etc etc). We should do this via milestones (or something similar) that denote the start and beginning of a particularly interesting segment, since these often cross textual hierarchies.
This entry was posted by and is filed under Activity log.