Since the static site is now deployed, we can finally convert all pointers to "mol:julian" to "mol:julianSic"; we'll have to change these on a case by case basis. These have now all been changed and the schema updated so that "mol:julian" is no longer a valid value. Luckily, I didn't need to change any of the static code, since it could handle all four cases (julian, julianSic, julianJan, julianMar). In the future, we might want to clean up the code so that it doesn't have to handle "julian," but, for now, it should be fine.
The more pressing concern, however, is the documentation. I've updated encoding_dates.xml to reflect new encoding practices and changed the wording where the difference were obvious. However, the documentation will need to be updated so that it includes a larger discussion of why we are disambiguating julianJan/julianMar/julianSic with evidence to support why we need to do this.
Martin, Tye, and I made a presentation on 2015-09-02 about this, which ought to be turned into the documentation. There's some good evidence in the slideshow that I had completely forgot about (the reason we did this in the first place is that the STC regularized to January 1 without doing the necessary arithmetic to get the date into the Gregorian equivalent).