- Spent the beginning of the day cleaning up some tickets from Asana and answer email. JJ noticed that the Works Cited at the bottom of the documents was pulling in too much stuff. That took some investigating, but it turns out the bibliography was getting pulled in from any ref/@type='bibl' citation indiscriminately across the TEI document. JJ decided that we should just be getting the bibls referenced in the text; these bibls already appear in the listBibl in the sourceDesc, so it makes sense to use that to make our appendix. That's fixed now
- Spent the other half of the day working on the text to sourceDoc transformation. There are a number of little bugs that appear; whenever I think I've got it finished, a different pageant becomes invalid. I've realized that I need to rewrite the whole thing and incorporate what I've learned about these documents and the shifting hierarchies. It will go faster now that I have a better plan going forward and I think this will be a tenable way to move forward in the sourceDoc encoding of our texts; we might even want to adapt this for LEMDO to create actual folio transcriptions (or some base transcription) for these texts.
This entry was posted by and is filed under Activity log.