A new version of the Colonial Despatches site, edition 2.2, was published on 2nd December 2020, including the following new features:
- Added more organizations to index as well as some descriptions (currently 64 organizations).
- Tagged majority of organizations in the database (12761).
- Added a few hundred more abstracts.
- All places with a known location has a map.
- The initial version of the Indigenous glossary of terms has been completed.
- Fixed a couple encoding bugs (missing divs in transcribed enclosures, unwanted text edits).
- Removed titles and roles from Despatch citations as per request from Principal Investigator.
- "Mentions of [entity] in the documents" in the indexes are now sorted by date sent and date received when available.
This is the third completely static version of the site, in compliance with the Project Endings Principles for Digital Longevity.