After adding some documentation on the SQF QuickFix features to the ODD file, I got annoyed by the fact that the SQF code in the ODD file was making it technically invalid. Actually, it was the TEI code embedded in XSLT embedded in SQF which was causing the problem, so I refactored it to use XSL element and attribute constructors instead of literal elements, and the problem was fixed. You have to be a little careful with namespaces when doing that, though.
Then I moved on to implementing the requirement for curly apostrophes. Actually I'm going to generalize that to curly quotes everywhere. Before we can make rules and enforce them, we need to make sure that we're not actually importing more of these things whenever we do SQL-to-TEI processing, so I've been working on those conversion routines to make them handle the curly apostrophes and quotes in the db. In the process, I learned a bit about XSpec and wrote my first XSpec unit tests. This looks like it may be a valuable testing tool.