Changed some project ids which didn't adequately distinguish members of our team. Met with everyone and answered a few queries; some CSS issues on KAF's drama are down to me to solve. Also added encoded line-count to the stats, during which I did two things: manually check out previous instances of the repo to get old stats for the file, and prune the stats file a bit. It seems to me that both of these things could be automated, so look at doing that in case we want to add new stats to our tracking.
Did some work to make the editor's HTML poem view more user-friendly, including some JS to tweak the margins of horizontal lines nested within left-margined ancestors to make them span the poem div correctly. I'm again reconsidering the use of grid layout for the metadata panels; I think a flex layout where I could actually fix the position of the metadata while the poem scrolls would be good (although of course sometimes the metadata scrolls too, which complicates things).
Started thinking about how to code for useful analysis of encoded poems, and wrote one pilot function, along with XSpec testing for it. Added some new drama components to the schema to support work KF2 is doing, added some enhancements/fixes to the poem rendering, encoded one new poem, re-encoded an old one.
Did another poem from 1840 for testing purposes; added some folks photos and bios to the personography and then put them into the About page; tweaked the build process a bit; gathered and signed all Jan 1-15 timesheets except for KF2's and sent them in.
Had some very useful discussion on the use of echo figures and the team's possible presentation on the topic. Fixed a couple of XSLT issues and enhanced some documentation a bit.
- Put planning document in svn and made it available on Jenkins site as a PDF.
- Updated footer in db.
- Added library and HCMC to footer of new site.
- Removed OLD Translator field from db. Changed diagnostics to point to new field.
- Combined top two diagnostic categories.
- Made reader view of relational db public.
- Added link to reader view to menu of new site.
Updated the faulty rhyme-label fixing code to handle the lg/@rhyme attribute as well, which of course it has to do; updated the XSpec to test that; added handling for the drama elements that KF is now using; and tagged a poem myself.
KF asked me today if we could have a fix for rhyme-labelling issues, in particular where you get through an entire labelling sequence then you discover that where you assigned label "m" you failed to notice that it was the same as "c" so you need to change it to "c" and re-label everything after "m" to move it down one slot. This is a slightly more tricky problem than you might think, so rather than try to squash it into a quickfix, which doesn't allow for as much graceful termination with useful messages when you ask it to do something that doesn't make sense, I've created it as an XSLT transform with a framing transformation scenario, which is not the default for XML documents but which you could run on them by using "Transform with". I've also written a fairly extensive XSpec test suite for it. In the process of developing and testing, I fixed some old encoding from back in the day. That's going to be a long steady process.
Met with AC and drafted the plan for 2019; that's in the repo now, along with a todo list for both of us.
CSS selector conversion now properly written, tested and working. XSpec file now includes test for that function. Extra poem encoded for testing. Fixes to a couple of other poems done.
I've also now finished re-creating the original site banner using higher-res sources to get something that will actually scale. Results look pretty good in isolation.