There is now a Hashtags table in the database, where you can define new hashtags and edit existing ones. Each hashtag record has a hashtag, a gloss (short explanation) and a description (long explanation). I've populated these based on my understanding of the current set of hashtags.
The diagnostics now make use of this table instead of a hard-coded list of tags, so you can add a new tag and start using it immediately; the diagnostics may take a day or so to catch up with the change, so expect to see a few errors until the changed info from the db has made it into the diagnostics process.
The schema build process now also takes advantage of this info:
- The db table data is incorporated automatically as a taxonomy element in the taxonomies.xml file.
- The taxonomies from that file are incorporated into the ODD file to provide the list of acceptable values for catRef/@target attributes.
Eventually (not happening yet), the TEI poem files, when their metadata is refreshed from the db, will have catRef elements added to them for any hashtags appearing in them.
- Also eventually, the web view of a poem will list any hashtags with their glosses somewhere in the metadata panel.
I added a new Schematron rule that catches the problems with eye-, half- and identical rhymes. It instantly found over 500 errors in Blackwoods 1820 alone.
So instead of putting it directly into the schema, I've made a special file:
Any of us can right-click on a folder in the xml tree, choose "Validate / Validate with Schema", then choose that schema and find all those specific errors to fix a few when there's time. Meanwhile our files are still valid against the main schema.
I've fixed the Keepsake 1840 and Chartist 1840, since those were all my own errors. Having seen a few of them, I don't think there's any reliable way of fixing them mechanically, unfortunately; there's a fair range of different ways we've encoded this stuff.