I've set up a Schematron QuickFix which makes it easier to insert a change element when you've finished proofing, and finished the documentation/instructions for proofing. I've also added a draft watermark to all poem pages which are not published. 180 minutes including meeting.
Meeting with AC, with some tasks arising; one taken care of was adding new field for linking to the UVic catalogue entry for each periodical, which is done. This should come out in the organ page now, but that'll probably need some tweaking. Encoded a poem to test the Oxygen bugfix in the latest release, but I still need to do that again, because I overwrote the problem jar with the fixed jar at some point in the process. 120 minutes.
Periodical pages should now have more info, including lists of all poems in them. 60 minutes.
Implemented the full test dataset (29,000+ items) and immediately found some issues; I've fixed a few of them, but I've hit one case where I think my output is right according to the algorithm, so I'm waiting for a response or clarification from the snowball list. 120 minutes.
I now have scaled counts of sonic devices per line, generated as spreadsheets. 180 minutes.
I have to finish implementing the tests, but I've done 17 so far and they're all passing. 120 minutes.
This is the emergency info for the Digital Victorian Periodical Project.
- Site repository: hcmc.uvic.ca/svn/dvpp. This contains all the XML and programming code.
- Online database: this AdaptiveDB database contains metadata only, and should be phased out by the end of 2019. The live db is at hcmc.uvic.ca/people/martin/vpn/live/editor/, or for read-only access, hcmc.uvic.ca/people/martin/vpn/live/reader/. There is a dev version at hcmc.uvic.ca/people/martin/vpn/dev/editor/. The AdaptiveDB configuration files for these dbs are in the svn repo under 'mysql'.
- Jenkins site: the Jenkins job is at jenkins.hcmc.uvic.ca/job/DVPP, and it runs when commits are made to the svn repo, as well as once every night, just after midnight. A copy of the Jenkins configuration file is also stored in the svn repo inside the jenkins folder.
- Development site: the build process creates a site on Jenkins at jenkins.hcmc.uvic.ca/job/DVPP/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/products/index.html.
- Live site (future): Published versions of the site will be on nfs at hcmc/www/dvpp/. The subdomain dvpp.uvic.ca should point at this location.
- Documentation: The documentation is part of the dev site: jenkins.hcmc.uvic.ca/job/DVPP/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/products/dvpp.html, and it is also stored in the svn repo at hcmc.uvic.ca/svn/dvpp/documentation/dvpp.html. This document has a section for programmers which explains how to do stuff.
Made substantial progress on the Porter2 stemmer in XSLT; I've done the first few steps (which I think are the trickiest), and all tests are passing so far. Looking at the algorithm, though, I think it's going to be way slower than the original one. Don't know how much that really matters. 120 minutes.