Over the weekend I set up a Google Custom Search for Graves, and integrated it into the site. I did some final bugfixing this morning and that now seems to be working.
Today I got back into working on the Solr search, and after a quick addition to the Solr index (which will have to be propagated to the Library's Solr servers if they agree to host the index), I've built a large "Advanced search" page which has lots of options for filtering by named entities and so on. I've got the form completed, and I've started on the JS class which will handle the actual search. I'm developing against my local install of Solr, which is working well.