In preparation for the upcoming MoEML build, and for future projects, I started working on an HTML diagnostics to test to check for referential integrity in the generated HTML. Spent the entire day working on this with some good results. There are two major issues, however. The first is that we can't use doc-available in most of the Endings projects since the document collections are too big and the doc-available function stores the file in memory. Got a work around for that and I now have a version that works in XSLT 2.0 and pure ant that can run against MoEML in about 5 minutes (when given nearly 3GB of RAM).
I would also like to experiment with a XSLT 3.0/XPath 3.0/Saxon EE version of this that uses the EXSLT extension and the file functions. I think these would be more efficient and more accurate than what I'm doing now, but has the downside of not being usable on remote build servers. If we decide to package this with the other diagnostics suite, then we should really have both versions.
Very useful interview with DO, recorded. The audio level on the backup recorder is way too low, though. Had to squash a bunch of spikes and then normalize to get it audible at all.
Monthly meeting (minutes will be on GitHub). As follow-up, made the svn repo for interviews available for everyone, and also added some Author-mode CSS for easier reading of the XML encodings of the transcriptions.
With JJ and EC. Very interesting indeed; different perspective from previous ones.
I've built the generated Solr index into a zip file as part of the build, and BJ has the URL when he's ready to try ingesting it. I've spent a lot of the day writing documentation in the ODD file, and adding a build process for the ODD file that gives us half-decent HTML documentation. There's a fair bit more to do by way of documentation -- there's nothing on tagging practices, for example -- but what's there is good and helpful, and I've included it in the site, only linked from one place, but it's there to be viewed by anyone who has the URL. I will probably have to focus on other stuff starting Monday, but when I get free moments I can come back and add to the docs.
I've got the Solr search working and tested using my local install of Solr. The results are pretty effective, and I'm pleased, although this is really only a proof-of-concept. The next stage is to document this thoroughly, which I'm going to do in a rough draft of a paper I'll give somewhere at some point.