Posting some time I've spent over the last six weeks working on Static Search. I now have the basics working, but I have to integrate the case-sensitivity component for proper names; before I do that, I want to rewrite the existing code, which has a bunch of repetitions in it, in a modular format with nested functions, and test it thoroughly. That way I'll only be making changes in one place at a time. Following that, there's the category filters to implement. 120 minutes today, 720 over the last few weeks.
(This doesn't necessarily relate to Endings, since it's for the WEA, but this is something that might be broadly useful for other HCMC projects and I want to record it somewhere.)
For WEA, we need to convert a massive, complex spreadsheet and turn it into a simple CSV to be ingested by Asana. That's fairly straightforward usually: download the spreadsheet in ODS, either unzip it or convert it to FODS, and then manipulate the underlying XML. But this spreadsheet was more difficult, as it used a HYPERLINK formula, which contains information that we want in our Asana descriptions. And since the underlying XML of these things is complex, I wanted to use an existing conversion process (like in OxGarage) that gets rid of the majority of the cruft.
But most of these don't process the HYPERLINK function. A simple solution that I've stumbled on looks something like this:
- First download the spreadsheet as Excel
- Then, do a control find for =HYPERLINK and search in formula
- Simply replace =HYPERLINK with `=HYPERLINK
Save that, and now it can get passed through OxGarage with the `=HYPERLINK as literal text in a cell that can be manipulated simply using a Regex.
It's a completely brute force method of handling it, but it seems like the simplest for a conversion process.
Put a testing framework in place for the JS Porter2 stemmer, and tried it out with the preflight function. All good, so ready to continue with the rest of the code. Also encoded JT's and my submission for TEI 2019 in jTEI and tweaked a bit. JT will proof. 180 minutes.
Also had a team meeting and discussed the grant application and other plans. 300 minutes.
Did one of the first-day presentations, after talking to SA about how it should align with his day-2 one. Started joint notes on another one with JJ. 120 minutes.
XSLT in place but not finished; target in build file but not called by default. 100 minutes.
...for our DHSI course. Steady progress. 120 minutes.
Met with JJ and started working out the details of the course, assigning things, and confirming plans and guests. 90 minutes.
I'm through the first pass at creating a little website for the category analysis, and I went to the trouble of getting it to work in Windows as well (which took at least half of the time spent). The only wrinkle apart from Windows filepath-wrangling was that I had to deal with the fact that for base categories, the same block of text may be retrieved multiple times from the same interview because it's tagged with multiple sub-categories, so I had to filter out those dupes.