All seems to be working well after some refactoring to work around an eXist bug.
The eXist search had somehow got broken due to a misplaced bracket in doc.xql. Fixed, and the site updated.
First meeting of the new year; reports, intro to J and the new blog, review of abstracts submitted, etc.
CC and EGW came by and we had some planning discussions about the metadata and intro page for Graves, the Special Collections pages, the Mariage deployment and much other Endings stuff.
I've previously tested the Solr docker container, which is probably the way I'll do most of my testing, but today I was on a machine in the RA room because my desktop is dismantled, so I worked with a download. Tested indexing Graves web content with the default settings; tested with Nutch, which is a web crawler that can pull content into Solr. Because of http://jenkins.hcmc.uvic.ca/robots.txt, though, Nutch can't do its thing; easy enough to change the robots file, but possibly a bit risky, so if we're indexing we should do it from another static version of the site. I would like to investigate the possibility of doing site indexing automatically in our own tame Solr, then exporting the index for ingestion into the Library's instance, so that we can tune and tweak as much as we like; not sure yet how practical that will be.
PS reported a bug that shows up with a trunk build of eXist from September; we're working on narrowing it down, but in the process I did some robustifying for request parameter retrieval and made a new release. More to do here, unless what he's found is a bug in a specific build of eXist.
Expanded the build script and wrote some bits and pieces to create a XAR; tested integration with Graves, and it works well. This will be a convenient way to add CodeSharing to all our eXist-based projects.
Legacy URLs are now fully handled in the eXist application.
I've also wrestled quite a bit with the eXist .sh scripts, which courtesy of the installer are littered with hard-coded paths; I'm now able to discover and use the relative path based on the script location, and this works locally. I found I was unable to stop a running Jetty instance on Peach, so RE is looking into this; meanwhile, I may port these reconfigured relative path fixes to the server instance to make sure they work there, once I'm able to stop and restart the Graves app.