I'm now creating individual JSON files for each property that has coordinates, and those are viewable on the map. I've created a list page for them, but also added the link property to the databases so you can get to them directly from there. I still need to add links from the feature to all the related title features, and vice versa, so you could navigate from one to the other.
After substantial updates to the AdaptiveDB code today (HTML5, support for auto-linked fields) I've updated the two live and two dev databases so that they now provide direct links to the Jenkins-built map pages for each title.
Got the new function for loading feature geometries while retaining the existing set working, which was very tricky, but I still have a problem with the geometries of the loaded features; they're defaulting to Zero Island, so I'm guessing they're somehow not being loaded at all. Still, half-way to supporting arbitrary collections of features on the same map.
Finally found usable versions of the 2018 data and manipulated it appropriately, adding documentation about exactly how and why the conversion code was constructed. Wrote and tested a bunch of functions for serializing data as CSV/TSV.
Did more work on util functions for the process but realized that the primary requirement for development is to have more flexible maps that can combine different GeoJSON files together, so I've diverted into some dev work on BreezeMap.
I've created the core set of files required to do the processing, and I've started writing some of the simpler functions we'll need. I have a function test module which I'll use to develop the function library; it's going to be essential to develop and test all the functions individually before we start chaining them together to create the monstrous output files, at which point it will be hard to see the wood for the trees. Found a lot of instances of substantial overlap (14%+) between lots which are supposed to be contiguous, so our threshold will have to be pretty high.
Got some more detail in place today, and I've started a new folder in the trunk called propertyStats, and a build file which will be the basis for the process. I'll start by defining resources, then writing some functions (pinching a bit from previous work) in XSLT. This codebase will be cleaner and better-documented than previous work because JSR would like to publish it in association with the book.
Met with JSR and worked on the plan for the next round of statistical work. I now have a working plan which will involve making use of the overlap data generated during the summer to determine the sequence of titles/lots rather than using the rather flaky sequences put together from title data. I've already processed the CSV overlap data into expanded FODS files, then merged it all into a very simple XML file that can be used in the transformations as required.
Along with documentation of my responses to reviewer comments.
Met with JSR, DBM and CB to discuss possible solutions to calculating the area of lot overlap. We've been hacking at this problem without a solution for some weeks, but it's possible that CB can implement something that will solve it for us.