In emails with JSR, worked out the plan below, and implemented all the code parts; I'm now halfway through the data dictionary, which is proving helpful in clarifying our procedures for me as well as a potential reader.
Made a number of updates to generation of XML, GeoJSON and spreadsheet information to make for clearer output, and to build 2018 values into the whole process so any new products are consistent. Maps are now easier to read, and all include 2018 dollars. Lots more to be done, though.
Today was long and complicated but it seems to be working. I'm now producing JSON files for each row in the spreadsheet table, and I have an HTML representation of the spreadsheet which provides links to the maps from those story files. That puts us in a position to examine lots of real cases and see whether there are any flaws in our retrieval and processing, as well as to get a sense of the actual stories we're uncovering.
As far as I can tell, the spreadsheet is now doing what it's supposed to, after consultation with JSR and reworking. We will need only one spreadsheet rather than two. I'm now working on generating GeoJSON file for each row, so we can look at what we're generating and do human sanity checks.
It lacks comparison title(s) pending decisions about how those should be selected, but it works! Took all day to get there. Lots of outstanding questions, but I think we're on the way.
Did a lot of work today on creating and testing output for specific lot/title combinations, as cell sequences, and rendering them into TSV. I've also re-worked the lot-based view a little to add precomputed values of all kinds that I need for the spreadsheet, and completed more functions that retrieve properties and titles according to various parameters. It's getting to a point where I can see what now needs to be done for the first target output spreadsheets, and I've sent a couple of questions to JSR regarding precise details of what's required, where the plan was a little vague.
I'm now creating individual JSON files for each property that has coordinates, and those are viewable on the map. I've created a list page for them, but also added the link property to the databases so you can get to them directly from there. I still need to add links from the feature to all the related title features, and vice versa, so you could navigate from one to the other.
After substantial updates to the AdaptiveDB code today (HTML5, support for auto-linked fields) I've updated the two live and two dev databases so that they now provide direct links to the Jenkins-built map pages for each title.
Got the new function for loading feature geometries while retaining the existing set working, which was very tricky, but I still have a problem with the geometries of the loaded features; they're defaulting to Zero Island, so I'm guessing they're somehow not being loaded at all. Still, half-way to supporting arbitrary collections of features on the same map.
Finally found usable versions of the 2018 data and manipulated it appropriately, adding documentation about exactly how and why the conversion code was constructed. Wrote and tested a bunch of functions for serializing data as CSV/TSV.