Fixed bug in Landscapes db (I think, pending testing)

04/08/15

Permalink 04:49:56 pm, by mholmes, 165 words, 193 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 180

Fixed bug in Landscapes db (I think, pending testing)

I started work on the bug reported in the previous post, by reproducing the structure required in the Potluck test db and trying to confirm what was happening. I couldn't reproduce it at all. So I went back to the original Landscapes local_classes.php file and searched for anything that might be anomalous. What I found was that the two fields in the owner table that linked to the titles as owner and seller had the same field name. That was obviously wrong, and was a good candidate for causing all the issues we'd seen. I fixed the issue in the dev db and tested as thoroughly as I could, without being able to trigger any errors, so I've now asked the field team to test the dev db, and if they can't break anything, we'll port the fix to the live db (and obviously test again there).

If this is fixed, it will free me to implement read-only access as requested by JSR.

Pingbacks:

No Pingbacks for this post yet...

Adaptive Database

This project aims to design a flexible online database which can be set up as very quickly for a researcher requiring a relational database, and is easy to modify and extend. The Web GUI provides tools for data-entry in as simple and convenient a manner as possible, while also allowing data-integrity checks. The application development sandbox is currently at https://hcmc.uvic.ca/people/martin/potluck/editor/index.php; and half a dozen UVic projects are already using the codebase. The code is managed through SVN here: https://revision.hcmc.uvic.ca/svn/adaptivedb/.

Reports

XML Feeds