There were seven sites whose teachers' guide home page (e.g.
http://www.canadianmysteries.ca/teachers/guides/vinland/indexen.html) had links in the left column which pointed to files in a non-existent "keyconcepts" folder (e.g. the link to primary documents pointed to http://canadianmysteries.ca/teachers/keyconcepts/3513en.html).
I changed each of those links so they point to a file in the en or fr folder at the root of the site, because those folders appear to contain the correct files (e.g. the link to primary documents now points to http://canadianmysteries.ca/en/3513.php).
The one remaining oddity is that the teachers' guide home pages for those sites uses the black background and not the current blue background. I'm not sure how much work it would be to rewrite those pages so they use the blue "skin" rather than the "black" one.
were listened for at uvic, which re-addressed them to firstname.lastname@example.org
We earlier agreed on a plan to cut the .org addresses out of the loop (as part of the extraction from synergy services hosting), and over the last few weeks have have been trying to put that into action. The sysadmins tell me that those three canadianmysteries.ca email accounts are now being readdressed to email@example.com (which is as planned).
The only oddity left is that MF reports that messages aren't appearing in the way she expects, but I can't really figure out what is the problem.
I've also discovered and reported to her that synergy has renewed the hosting and dinged JL's credit card, so it's up to them to reverse that.
The last step in transferring the domains from sibername.com to canreg.com was to obtain an "auth code" for each of those domains and send them to canreg which they'd then include in the transfer request to sibername (presumably the auth code somehow shows that the request is coming from the actual owner of the account).
Canreg.com put in the transfer request and was told by sibername the the "transfer lock" on each domain had to be removed by the owner of the account. So, I logged in again to the sibername admin interface, clicked on manage domain name, clicked on the domain and then found a un/lock button at the top of the window (beside the auth code button I used in the last step). Unlocked each of the domains. Sibername guys might have included that detail.
After a couple of tries, managed to get into the domain hosting account for canmys on sibername. It shows that UVic is the primary and secondary domain name server, so there should be no further problems with http requests finding their way to the instance on Synergy servers.
Greg and I aren't sure about the implications for email addresses, so have asked to talk to someone in sysadmin who knows about this kind of thing to confirm that email addresses too are sent to UVic and not synergy. We already know uvic is listening for them.