The development Franklin site is going to be at: http://canadianmysteries.ca:8080/
The staff material is going to be at: http://canadianmysteries.ca:8080/staff
The documentation is at: http://canadianmysteries.ca:8080/staff/docs
The templates needed by the people submitting documents are at: http://canadianmysteries.ca:8080/staff/templates
I've revised the metadata markup files to include the metadata fields specific to each type of document that might be encountered, and ensured the templates are up to date.
Last fall we set things up so that firstname.lastname@example.org was listened for at uvic and forwarded to email@example.com. When I got back after Christmas and tried to email admin@canadianmysteries, I got a message from canadianmysteries.org reporting no associated email accounts.
Not sure why megamailservers is still listening for canadianmysteries.ca (dns reports primary servers are the uvic ones), but assuming they get the email, they correctly report no email accounts, because we killed the email accounts to ensure nothing went to them).
Turns out that there are two separate configurations, one for mail sent from on-campus (I'm not sure if that means geographically or from a *@uvic.ca account) and another for all other email. Somewhere over the Christmas break the first of those two (i.e. internal source) must have been modified with the result that mail from my account to firstname.lastname@example.org wound up at canadianmysteries.org .
Sys-admins updated their config files and everything seems to be working now.
GUMICH is planning to build another 9 mystery quests and needs a process to do this to replace whatever the database driven infrastructure did. I wrote back to get more details, but if there is only one person doing the markup of the texts, then we'll probably get them an affiliated netlink, put a working instance of the site with some template files in there and have them get everything working in that environment. Then I can just get the files and move them into the production environment. Not sure of the technical capabilities of the editor (xhtml markup and file management).
Met with JL for an hour to talk about a potential new mystery and how HCMC would be involved.
Biggest question mark is providing something to replace the workflow management capabilities provided by Emmanuel's db, which is now out of date and doesn't support all the media files which John says will be part of this mystery. Looked at possible commmercial/opensource projects and at UVic's Cascade environment. Should be able to come up with something.
Also went over budget items with John, which he then submits to the dean or research or whoever.