Downloaded all the files I could from canadianmysteries.org to my Mac, about 1.5 gigs in all. I could not download a directory full of temporary files used by the database, but I did download an sql file of the structure and data of the cms database. Also didn't download a handful of symbolic link files. Then zipped everything up into canmysorg_backup_100518.zip file and put that into root of their account and onto rutabaga.
Have yet to download and archive the files in the mysteryquests.ca account on the commercial provider.
Reviewed notes from NE on broken links etc. Fixed those that needed it. A number of broken links might not be an issue when the site moves from the dev server to the production server. On the other hand, it looks like PS's update of the production site for GUMICH involves a different naming convention for the files, so we'll have to test. Most likely I'll include the old filenames, but make them redirects rather than update URLs in zillions of pages on the 12 mystery sites.
Created new users on the blog system for NE and MF and made them members of this blog.
Also did the usual generating of a small handful of passwords etc. over the week
I tried to regenerate all the sites on the development server.
These sites regenerated without event (other than taking a long time):
These sites regenerated, but at least one of the four stages reported problems:
The main GUMICH site failed to regenerate entirely, but as Pat has been reworking those files manually, I don't think there's any issue there.
Reported to JL and MF. Awaiting their go-ahead to move the sites to the production account. Logged time for regenerating previously. I had forgotten to report results until now.
Got another couple of reports of problems with Page not Found error at end of process of applying for a password for the teachers' sections of the GUMICH sites. Turns out there are two registration forms - one of them works and one of them fails.
I recommended to MF that we
- keep the page at http://www.canadianmysteries.ca/teachers/register/indexen.php
- make any changes in it that appear in the newRegister.php page
- a redirect in the http://www.canadianmysteries.ca/en/newRegister.php page so the user goes immediately to the http://www.canadianmysteries.ca/teachers/register/indexen.php
Am waiting to hear back from them.