Aside from adding a new collection of images, I've done a lot of work on bits and pieces of the static build code, mainly concentrating on building the structure of the HTML header, and filling out the "original" and "standalone" XML versions with data that will be required to build HTML pages easily. We will need a document type taxonomy, and I think we should actually add it to the source XML for simplicity.
I set up a virtual machine with Ubuntu 16.04 so that I can still use the JNLP client to talk to the old db; it won't work on any recent machine at all.
The basic front-end pages, which were coded directly in HTML, have now undergone a basic conversion to TEI and life in the xml/info folder. These will need to be updated -- the Development page in particular reflects the old design rather than the new -- but the basics are there. 150 minutes.
Wrote the XSLT to create the Standalone version of the XML from the Original, and debugged it, making some changes to the Original and its generation in the process. It's building and valid, and it's being built on Jenkins too. I've I've started setting up for the XHTML generation, but got a little diverted into the need to take the HTML fragments that serve as info pages on the site and convert them to TEI. I've done two of those, and there are a handful to go. 300 minutes.
KSS is unable to use Oxygen on his computer, so in addition to completing the process of making validation parameterized and therefore runnable on a subset of files identified by id, I've also written a little script to do this, which is designed to run repeatedly on a set of files to keep checking while you work. I've been looking for a way to do this for a while, and although we're not likely to have many non-Oxygen folks, it's really a useful model to have. 120 minutes.
Both GL and I have hit the same problem on our workstations: the JNLP for the Despatches eXist instance will no longer run due to Java errors. We are still able to upload from Rumpole, but should some update bork that one too, we'll be stuck; we may have to create a VM with an old Ubuntu to get stuff into the old app. Upyerdb doesn't work either, because that eXist is too old for it. The static version can't come soon enough.
579 new page-images (in three different sizes) from the following volume have been added to the Colonial Despatches collection: RG7 G8C Vol 17 (British Columbia 1870 Despatches from London). These will now be linked into the transcription documents.
995 new page-images (in three different sizes) from the following volume have been added to the Colonial Despatches collection: CO 60 Vol 42 (BC 1870 Public Offices and Miscellaneous). These will now be linked into the transcription documents.
666 new page-images (in three different sizes) from the following volume have been added to the Colonial Despatches collection: CO 60 Vol 41 (BC 1870 Despatches to London August to December). These will now be linked into the transcription documents.