24/05/18

Permalink 10:48:32 am, by mholmes, 61 words, 18 views   English (CA)
Categories: Academic; Mins. worked: 60

TCCD: Completed ticket

Credits for proofers are now included in the output where they're available in the XML as respStmts. There is XSLT which can harvest most proofer info automatically from the HOCR, so with the exception of about 500 pages, where the proofer is only known personally to DH, that info can be added as collections are completed, and will appear on the site.

22/05/18

Permalink 03:59:03 pm, by mholmes, 14 words, 13 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 45

DVPP: JSON stats now generated

Still have to figure out the best way to build a chart from them.

Permalink 03:58:17 pm, by mholmes, 28 words, 12 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 45

TCCD: work on ticket

I have the contributor names showing up in the debate-day pages, but I can't build the site because team.html is broken. Waiting for DH to fix it.

09/05/18

Permalink 04:57:14 pm, by mholmes, 9 words, 18 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 60

DVPP: fixed some filenames and links

Attacking some of the issues in the diagnostics output.

08/05/18

Permalink 04:09:19 pm, by mholmes, 44 words, 17 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 60

TCCD: work on ticket

Met with DH, and did the first half of ticket 37: I now have XSLT that can semi-reliably harvest user info from HOCR files and create respStmt elements in the TEI. I still have to figure out how to output that information in the HTML.

Permalink 04:07:59 pm, by mholmes, 6 words, 15 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 20

DVPP: added first line diagnostic

...to catch unwanted quotes or punctuation.

07/05/18

Permalink 02:59:32 pm, by mholmes, 38 words, 20 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 60

DVPP: Attacked low-hanging error fruit

The diagnostics is now showing lots of errors in filenames and links, so I've handled the bulk of them in a semi-automated way because they were amenable to that. We're now down to 64 bad filenames and 4 bad links.

Permalink 01:48:05 pm, by mholmes, 276 words, 18 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 90

DVPP: Database updates done

I've made the updates to the database, by rsyncing most of the dev version over the live codebase (keeping a backup).

The changes are:

  1. There's now a "First Line" field in the Poems table, where you can add the first line of a poem which otherwise would be indistinguishable from others with similar titles ("Song", "Sonnet" etc.).
  2. The "Related poems" field now uses a combination of the Title, the First line (if there is one), and the id of a poem to give you something which (I hope) is findable and unique for each poem. When poems start with punctuation (quotes or whatever) they'll sort to the beginning, so you usually need to scroll past the quoted titles to get to the regular ones.
  3. There is now a publicly-accessible read-only view of the database here. I haven't linked this from anywhere or publicized it yet; I think the plan is to hide the notes field in this view, which will take a bit of work.

One note: there's an additional field in the poems table which just amalgamates all the text values of the other major fields, to make for a simple search field, which was used for the WordPress plugin. Since that's no longer working, and it was going to be difficult to combine the trigger I needed for the new First line field with the original trigger that also ran on update on that table, I've removed the original trigger. That means the plugin will no longer work, so if we need it to do so at some point, we'll need to figure out how to combine those two triggers in a single operation.

04/05/18

Permalink 04:14:03 pm, by mholmes, 41 words, 20 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 180

DVPP: did first set of diagnostics

We now have diagnostics giving stats, and providing tests for ill-formed image filenames on the filesystem, and database records that point at images that aren't there. This is a good start, and there's plenty for people to get their teeth into.

03/05/18

Permalink 03:00:25 pm, by mholmes, 44 words, 15 views   English (CA)
Categories: Activity log; Mins. worked: 120

Keats: KB now working with SVN and Oxygen

KB came in to get SVN and Oxygen installed, and is now working on edits. Initial setup and basic process documentation is good, but I also need to do more in the way of documenting markup practice as we move to more complicated edits.

<< Previous Page :: Next Page >>

Depts

This blog is for work done for academic departments which does not fall under other categories.

Reports

XML Feeds