We now have diagnostics giving stats, and providing tests for ill-formed image filenames on the filesystem, and database records that point at images that aren't there. This is a good start, and there's plenty for people to get their teeth into.
KB came in to get SVN and Oxygen installed, and is now working on edits. Initial setup and basic process documentation is good, but I also need to do more in the way of documenting markup practice as we move to more complicated edits.
Inserted one of the poem page images as requested by KB; this works as expected, so I can go ahead with the same model for the rest of them. Did some other fixes from the list of TODOS while I was in there.
The project needs some of the improvements to the adaptive db added after this project started, such as the read-only interface, so I've copied the current data over into the dev db, checked out the latest trunk from svn, and hacked away till everything worked. The process found some oddities in the adaptive db code, which I've copied back to the repo. I'm now in a position to add and alter some fields that need to be changed, doing that only in dev first.
61 of the original 2014 sample of 100 poems were marked up in the original repo, albeit a bit shakily; I've converted those, added them to the new repo, and fixed all the validation problems.
This morning we had the intro session for the RAs, and they'll be starting tomorrow. I've now begun work on the diagnostics which will track our progress, as well as adding ordinary backups to the build file; the build file now has two combining targets, the do_all, which is what will happen on Jenkins, and the admin, which is what I'll run locally, to transform or generate things that need to be committed to svn or stored locally. I've also laboriously added the English 500 encoded XML poems to the repo organized by journal and year (it's clearer than using the variable vol/issue kind of organization), and I'll be doing the same with the original hundred poems we did a few years ago. Steady progress.
I've converted the old VPN ODD and associated files (XML and schema-building files) to DVPP files, and created both a schema build with Schematron extraction, and a general build process. I've set up a Jenkins job, got validation with RNG and Schematron working, and set up a cron job which puts the XML version of the db on home1t where the build process can retrieve it. Coming along nicely.
A couple of TODOs came in just when I needed a break from something else, so I polished them off.
Finished off the poem that AN was working on, and then went through all the other outstanding things in the todo list; the only remaining issue is the first-publication images of poems, on which I don't think we have a clear plan yet.
Pushed forward with building a schema and converting the old data in consultation with SH and SA this morning, and was making good progress, but a possible change of direction from SH this afternoon means I've suspended work until it's resolved.