Chart.js code is now being imported and used, and data is being generated in a form that should enable the production of a chart, which already appears but is broken because of an issue with date parsing. From here it's bugfixing.
Fixed the remnants of a conflict in a file committed by KB. Combined the two files with the two parts of Lamia into one, because KB has been linking to a single file that doesn't exist, and it's not horribly big. Added four new images to the gallery.
Credits for proofers are now included in the output where they're available in the XML as respStmts. There is XSLT which can harvest most proofer info automatically from the HOCR, so with the exception of about 500 pages, where the proofer is only known personally to DH, that info can be added as collections are completed, and will appear on the site.
Still have to figure out the best way to build a chart from them.
I have the contributor names showing up in the debate-day pages, but I can't build the site because team.html is broken. Waiting for DH to fix it.
Attacking some of the issues in the diagnostics output.
Met with DH, and did the first half of ticket 37: I now have XSLT that can semi-reliably harvest user info from HOCR files and create respStmt elements in the TEI. I still have to figure out how to output that information in the HTML.
...to catch unwanted quotes or punctuation.
The diagnostics is now showing lots of errors in filenames and links, so I've handled the bulk of them in a semi-automated way because they were amenable to that. We're now down to 64 bad filenames and 4 bad links.
I've made the updates to the database, by rsyncing most of the dev version over the live codebase (keeping a backup).
The changes are:
- There's now a "First Line" field in the Poems table, where you can add the first line of a poem which otherwise would be indistinguishable from others with similar titles ("Song", "Sonnet" etc.).
- The "Related poems" field now uses a combination of the Title, the First line (if there is one), and the id of a poem to give you something which (I hope) is findable and unique for each poem. When poems start with punctuation (quotes or whatever) they'll sort to the beginning, so you usually need to scroll past the quoted titles to get to the regular ones.
- There is now a publicly-accessible read-only view of the database here. I haven't linked this from anywhere or publicized it yet; I think the plan is to hide the notes field in this view, which will take a bit of work.
One note: there's an additional field in the poems table which just amalgamates all the text values of the other major fields, to make for a simple search field, which was used for the WordPress plugin. Since that's no longer working, and it was going to be difficult to combine the trigger I needed for the new First line field with the original trigger that also ran on update on that table, I've removed the original trigger. That means the plugin will no longer work, so if we need it to do so at some point, we'll need to figure out how to combine those two triggers in a single operation.