Dave Wolowicz asked for some help with an XSLT list-processing question, for his work on the uSource portal. (No strictly Humanities, but uSource is for everyone.)
Got final approval to upload history deparment site.
Zipped existing site, put zip file into root of their account.
Uploaded new files, brief testing.
email dept secretaries and chair.
Still have to show secretaries how to upload pdf files and make simple text edits to announcements
Confirmed meeting with Dean Rippin and set agenda.
Reviewed existing Humanities site to see what's there now.
Dean mentioned use of UVic templates for site, so requested web coordinator to send me a copy of those and any related documentation.
Set up folders and permissions on gradapps account to allow for archiving from year to year and to allow for similar projects in sibling folders (Stephen Ross mentioned they might want something similar for MA and for certain staff appointment competitions).
Created .htaccess file for restricting access.
Reported to Stephen Ross
Got feedback from Stephen Ross on minor changes. Made those changes.
Wrote readme file to help in future maintenance of site.
Gave Stephen instructions on how to request a new departmental account to host the site.
Researched use of htaccess to limit access.
I took the old website, turned it into a zip file and posted it to the root of the departmental account.
I then deleted all but the clipart folder in the old site on the department account
I then uploaded the new site to the account and did some quick testing, specifically of the php and included files.
Thanks to Greg for noting a couple of bugs which I fixed.
I also wrote a readme file and posted some technotes to the root of the new site for the use of future maintainers of the site.