I've been struggling for a while with the requirement to do nicely-formatted layout of multi-stanza poems with stanza headings while at the same time keeping the poem encoding simple and intuitive. It finally occurred to me that I can handle the problem at build time by adding an extra div into the structure, and I've implemented this today, testing with a corrected and formatted version of Grecian Urn. Looks good so far.
I think the new version of OL has solved one of the problems we had with Chrome, but it's not 100% clear yet.
Got the basic image markup working, but I'm still stuck using place elements instead of facsimile. However it's not clear how best to support the GeoJSON geometry range in a plain old facsimile element in TEI.
Over the weekend, I converted the old XSLT 2 code to create GeoJSON to XSLT 3, which means it's much easier to add more support for new TEI elements being converted to HTML in the GeoJSON, and to debug that whole module. Today I've added a new test project based on static image markup, and started extending the code so that it can tell the difference between when it's working on static images (using only pixel offsets) and when it's working on a genuine map (in which case various conversions have to happen between projections, since we render in EPSG:3857 but store in EPSG:4326 for GeoJSON conformity). I'm about a third of the way there, but so far it's very promising.
You can now do quite complex things in the smaller popup box, including linking to any document so that it pops up in the left iframe. Fixed a bunch of other bugs in the CSS to get rid of unwanted scrollbars and so on.
Time to rewrite the XSLT (see ticket on GitHub), and to do some serious documentation in the ODD file.
GN found more issues, and I found one too; those are now fixed (see GitHub issues). I've also added testing for local document links to the test projects.
AM has finished up to unit 15, and the new work is uploaded to the site.
As GN's project moves forward, he's finding things that haven't been properly worked out or tested, and I also found a new CSS bug arising out of PS's fixes for old Safari limitations. Two fixed, two more added to the queue.
We're getting down to the real nitty-gritty now. In steady conversation with KB, I've implemented a fix for the case where left- or right-floated images resulted in overly-narrow columns of text alongside them, by detecting window-width and switching them to centred with no float; fixed a problem in Safari where one menu button was larger than the others because it had a search glyph (char, not image) on it (set line-height to 1); added some additional responsiveness for window-widths intermediate between desktop browser and portable device, making the chronology column narrower; and fixed a bunch of other minor things. Updated the documentation to explain the search engine in detail, and expanded the documentation of the ODD file and the build process. Also went into the Google Custom Search control panel and discovered I could force a re-crawl of the site by using the Fetch functionality; did that, and saw some results right away (new pages appearing in the results), but some annoying hangovers (old pages persisting). That will presumably go away eventually.
AM has been working on the revisions in Hot Potatoes, and I've been building the units and uploading the results as we go. Moving along nicely. When the whole lot is finished and proofed by MN, it will replace the existing site. Right now it's at hrd/grs/latin/new_wheelock.