Worked with CC, focused on Le Blanc. We made the footnote buttons smaller so they disrupt the text flow less, and removed a space after each footnote button which was inserted during processing. We also tweaked the page width for Le Blanc, and CC now has an account for eXist so she can upload stuff whenever she needs to.
It's now running OK. Had to rewrite the XQuery for version 1.0, and tweak various parameters and paths.
Team meeting to finish up the semester.
Encoding team will work on the three docs under way (le_blanc, le_bon, and ville_t) while I'll work on the port to eXist; following that, we'll start on the modern spelling plan.
Looks like CB and GB-S were both working on references.xml this morning at the same time. Had to manually merge some changes because CB couldn't commit her files.
Fixed some bugs introduced by the transformation from rend to style (intrusive default attribute values), and implemented a Schematron schema with three rules (so far) to help catch typos. Fixed many of the typos it caught.
I've converted all the documents and updated all the XSLT, and the site appears to be working fine both on Peach and on Pear, but the app won't start on my local machine, which is worrying. I need to port this to a new eXist asap.
Worked on the layout CSS for the Le Blanc and Ville Thierry documents. The difficulty of setting the page width adequately so that text isn't grouped too far to the left, without triggering the occasional line-wrap, is a continual problem, but we're getting to a good approximation for these two documents. I still need to move from @rend to @style -- that will be done when I get back from ICLDC3.
I've edited the ODD file to take account of changes in the latest TEI, and built a new schema. Caught a few errors in the process, in the ODD and consequently in transcription files (usually bad @type values). Wrote to CC to see about finally merging the cab_sat fragment files into the transcriptions they belong in, and getting rid of them. I also fixed some odd spacing around @rend attributes, in preparation for the slightly complicated move from @rend to @style. I'll need to convert only those @rend values which contain a colon, and the XSLT will have to be updated in advance (preferably in such a way that it still handles CSS in @rend, although Schematron should help with trapping for that too).
Task arising out of meeting with CC 2012-12-03:
- In references, any
<ref>element in listBibl should be converted to a
- Encoding instructions/documentation should be updated to reflect this.
- When rendering, the target attribute of the ptr should be used to create a link out of the first component in the reference (title of an article, etc.).