Having fixed the problems with instances of http vs https protocol, still left with the problem that the site has not set up a Google account with an API key and a credit card number, so the MAP interface appears with a "site not using google maps properly" alert box and "development only" watermark on the map. Wrote to CC and outlined the two options (1. get such an account and give us the details and we'll modify code as needed; 2. replace google map with open layer map and rewrite blocks of code interacting with the map to provide same features, namely pins on map that when clicked launch a little popup window with link to actual video in player.)
Various features in the UI of the site were failing because a number of links to imported libraries etc. used the "http" protocol and the new server infrastructure will respect only those using the "https" protocol. I downloaded the entire site from the server and replaced the old files in the svn repository with the files on the server, then searched all the files for "http" and replaced instances that were actual links with "https" and left instances that were identifiers for namespaces alone. Uploaded those revised files using the JNLP client and it seems to be working.
1. ES added the xml files for fraf7, cltf5, pscf6.
2. ES added transcripts for fraf7, cltf5, pscf6
3. SA uploaded all the latest changes to the website and all seems to work fine. Thumbnails have to be created for fraf7, cltf5, pscf6.
In the kerfluffle last week with the eXist server and contained webapps, the Francotoile webapp was somehow corrupted. After an hour or two, we got the instance going again, but then discovered that the password for the admin client no longer worked, so we wouldn't be able to update the webapp. Solution was to replace the instance of the webapp on the server with a copy of it on my local machine.
Basic procedure to replace a corrupted instance of a webapp e.g. francotoile
- log in as tapor to tomcat manager on server (peach)
- undeploy webapp
- go back in browser to safe URL (one without undeploy instruction in it)
- ftp in as hcmc to server (peach.hcmc.uvic.ca)
- cd up and down to /usr/local/tomcat-instances/devel/webapps/
- delete old folder
- upload new folder (same name as old folder)
- refresh webapp listing in tomcat manager
- app should appear, click deploy
ES added transcripts for accf3, fraf8, cltf6
1. ES corrected location coordinates for cltf6, aacf3, fraf8
2. ES added transcripts (non annotated) for fraq 7, fraq8, fraq9