Updated schedule with SK's (Moses) August & September hours.
...and rebuilt the book PDF for final proofing.
As we start to build out these databases, I'm accumulating a list of tasks that can only be done at the command line, but which we currently have to ask HBR (Systems) to do:
- Rebuild the search index:
php symfony search:populateWe have to do this every time we make changes directly in the db; and there are lots of such changes to be done, because the UI for the app is based around editing individual records, so there's no way to (for instance) change the status of a bunch of records we've imported from CSV to "published" without editing the db.
- Import digital images:
This happens when we've bulk-uploaded archival description records for a specific repository using the CSV route, but we then want to upload a digital surrogate (picture of the object) for each record. It requires uploading the digital images themselves to a directory on the server, along with a CSV file that links each image to an identifier in the db, and then running:
php symfony digitalobject:load /path/to/your/loadfile.csv
- Exporting data in EAD (XML) format:
Some of our repositories are using this aggregation process to create AtoM records which they will then import back into an AtoM instance of their own (Nanaimo is going to be doing this). The process for this involves bulk-exporting all the archival descriptions associated with that repository in EAD format:
php symfony export:bulk --criteria="i.repository_id = (SELECT object_id FROM slug WHERE slug='example-repo-slug')" /path/to/my/exportFolder
Updated LARG page with new workshop information and photos.
Updated announcements on images page also; uploaded files to server.
Sent email to BAK advising task completed.
Trying to fix brand new last minute problem with login on groesbeek. Giving up and going home.
- Expanded and edited the Guide on Google Docs so that it should work as a complete reference for contributing repositories.
- Customized some of the interface to add project information.
- Added a static page for contributors, which links to a download.
- Created an Ant task which pulls our Google doc Guide in three formats, converts our spreadsheet into three formats, creates a zip file, and uploads it to the location linked from the static page.
- Hit a problem with configuring the site title; it seems to be locked somehow. I have a query in with HBR on this.
Received another list of changes from BAK.
Have made the changes to site; uploaded files to server.
Sent email BAK advising site updated.
Sent email to BB requesting content for website; waiting for reply.
Updated website with more revisions; published site to pre-prod.
On late duty; some last-minute requirements for CCAP coming in at the end of the day; also urgent paperwork for workstudy that I didn't realize was needed.
I now have the Praxis document working in Simple (lots of extra stuff to handle egXML and documentation elements not allowed outside the header). Made more progress on the presentation too.