posting minutes I worked yesterday with martin on reporting backend
Worked on the reporting backend:
- With David and Stew's help, got the SQL query building worked out. We were hampered by the fact that we're on mySQL 4.0, so we don't have embedded SELECT available, and bracketing is a little unusual; ended up writing lots of pre-queries which are executed before the main query.
- Got the basic table output built.
- Added a permalink to a URL which will consist only of the report. Only the shell of this is done; the reports.php page can tell when it's a standalone, and it will supply header and footer eventually.
- Wrote the arithmetic stuff for figuring out minutes worked for all retrieved posts.
- Confirmed that the hooked-in CSS file is working (CSS is not written yet).
Nov 23: I removed all of the div0 from the xml texts.
Polished off some tasks:
- Updated the IMT on both markup computers.
- Added France as a user to the blog.
- Tested Claire's and France's logins.
- Added a link from the project site menu to the blog.
- Created an inc file for the project, for hooking into the HCMC site, and sent the location to Stew.
- Uploaded one changed document to the eXist db and confirmed it's working OK ("Stances à une femme mariée").
J'ai commencé à 3h30. J'ai vérifié et tout est bien validé et sauvegardé.
à jeudi prochain! Je suis partie à 4h30.
I started working at 3h30. The text "Varin" is done, validated and saved.
We might have to look carefully at adding more details within the notes.
See you next Thursday!
Modified the following file:
to add a link to a stylesheet which sits in the hcmc_stats folder:
I answered a couple of questions from Catherine and MarieClaude (who were in for usual Thursday morning session) on how to encode attributes and timestamps for when and utterance elements.
They wanted to identify regions of a country in the language tag (e.g. New Brunswick rather than Quebec), so I checked into details of legal formats for the ident attribute of the language element, reported that information back to Catherine and MarieClaude and gave them a solution that meets their needs.
Catherine generously offered to include my name in a presentation she is considering proposing to the edmedia conference in Vancouver next June.
History department called to say they had lost access to a classroom scheduling database on their intranet.
Went to department, where I discovered access is through a redirect from a page on web.uvic.ca/history/intranet. Tried to find computer running DB, but nobody was sure.
Checked history site and discovered that the intranet folder had not been included in the new history site posted yesterday. Copied the folder from an archive of the history site on my mac and uploaded to the new history site.
I went to Colleen Donnelly's office and showed her and Stephen Ross how to:
- upload pdf files to the pdf folder
- set permissions on the the pdf folder
- edit list of people allowed to see site (.htaccess file)
- edit list of people allowed to post reviews
- sort emails coming in from reviewers in email client
Also made minor text changes to site.
The following exams are scheduled to take place in the labs.
Nov. 24: 410g_form_a
Nov. 24: 330_form_a
Nov. 27: 490g_form_a
Nov. 28: 490a_form_a