fop-config.xsl to the production server (see previous message). PDF fonts seem to be working fine.
On late duty.
Posting time spent working on a Ruby problem on the DHSI site. Not solved, but certainly narrowed down...
The problems with Windows continue, this time with the PDF generation, which depends on FOP being able to find the TTF font files. The trailing-slash issue seemed to be at the heart of it, but then I discovered that there was also an issue with the root path containing backslashes, but the relative path component for fonts having forward slashes.
After much pain and suffering, looking for a way to determine what host os Cocoon is running on, I decided that I can make that decision based on the presence of backslashes in the root path. If there are backslashes, then I conclude that it's running on Windows, so I need to change forward slashes to backslashes, and make sure the trailing slash is added to the end of the root path.
This is done in the file:
Tomorrow, I'll try migrating this solution to the live server, with the usual caution.
Set Marri up with Oxygen on Mac. Gave her the most recent data file (it lacks judge names).
Based on her first couple of hours, I edited the schema file to allow multiple (rather than one) outcomes and made a couple of other minor modifications.
Once the data set is cleaned up, I'll need to revisit whether the db engine should be relational or xml based.
Cautiously migrated the four changed files listed in the previous post to the main site, and tested; PDFs are working fine, with embedded images, and backups are also working.