Added bool properties for namespace awareness in the HcmcImtDoc and DlgXmlIndex classes, so we don't have to decide right now which approach is best for our purposes. These are set in the constructor, but there's also a setter to change them later.
I made the same changes to all of the SKng files today that I made to NKS1867 and SAM66 yesterday. I uploaded the SKng files.
I revised the names file to the point where it validates with the new schema. I will work on the variant spelling for the names next.
Created a new Roma schema to replace the broken one and started fixing the errors that the old one allowed. Deleted old comments while I was at it and also the stylesheet from the TEIVeiwer Project that never worked. Made the corrections in the 33 files for Nks1867 and SAM66 and uploaded them. Will tackle the 46 files for SKng tomorrow.
A nagging hangover from Before the Great Image Processing was several placenames without write-ups, largely from 1852. I have finished these off, and added a few others. We are now at a total of 133 placename write-ups!
Took off early.
Went through an interesting process building the db from Workbench. I generated the build script from Workbench, and tried importing into MySQL, but it kept stumbling, first on foreign keys and then on indexes. I removed the foreign key index code, and got it to build the tables, then manually entered all the indexes and keys. In the process, I noticed a couple of typos in table and field names, and fixed them.
After completing the db, I exported it and then imported the dump into Workbench, to see what might be different. Then we discovered that we'd misunderstood how Workbench builds foreign keys; we had assumed that it was creating the local column for the foreign key as part of the foreign key creation process, but it wasn't; that was the cause of the failures in the create script.
Rebuilt the diagram and sent it to JS-R and JM. Now I can start building the AdaptiveDB interface for it.
Before starting on this I tested several db schema design applications, looking for a replacement for ModelRight, which I'd used on Windows. Tried ModelRight under Wine, but no joy. Ended up settling on MySQL Workbench, which is not perfect, but pretty good.
Worked out a complete schema for the project, which Workbench can export as SVG, PDF and various other types of thing. It's also able to export SQL to build the db, but this fails due to a bug in the version of MySQL that we're running, apparently; it gacks on foreign key creation altogether, and even has trouble with creating indexes. I guess I'll have to hand-edit the SQL and work table-by-table in PHPMyAdmin. Curses.
On a conference call from home into the TEI Dublin meeting from 6.30 till 9 am, then a day's normal work to do.
The two files of references are now unified, and the old 1621 refs file has been deleted.