After the team mtg, met with MH, TEH, and JJ and came up with a plan for encoding the QME performances. Since performances must be understood as equal to the text (and textual artifacts), we are encoding the performances using a `<facsimile>` element, with `<surface>`s representing individual scenes; these surfaces will then be keyed to a timeline, at which divs can point using `@corresp`.
I'm going to test out this method with FV and report back.
Seven years to the day since the last update, Hot Potatoes version 7.0 has finally been released. It's also well over 20 years since the first versions came out. Still going strong! Thanks to all the people in the Hot Potatoes user community for all their input and help over the last year, as I worked on the new version.
Encoded three reviews and the second half of one article, getting a good jump on vol 27. 120 minutes.
Leaving early for appointment.
Taught TEI encoding with JJ in English 500m using the new DVPP Oxygen features; it fit nicely into a three-hour class. 200 minutes.
I worked through a few things on the growing list today:
- Added series/vol/num/page info to the listings of poems.
- Figured out, implemented and documented an encoding and rendering strategy for drop-caps, which are very gnarly indeed.
- Added a periodical listings page and put it on the menu.
- Added new personography items for new team members, reworked the code for long and short bios, and contacted old and new team members to get bios.
- Increased the scale height for encoded lines in the graphs.
- Other minor tweaks.
Full day, 420 minutes.
I created a MySQL dump of the siberian DB and added it to a full dump of the www directory for the siberian user. The entire dump has been made available for download from the static site.
I've updated the version of adminer to 4.7.5 and added an XML dump plugin (accessed as a file type in the export form).
Leaving early for dental appointment.