This is a brief outline of the work I've done over the past two weeks, comprising the bulk of the conversion to static build:
- All entities and documents have unique URLs and complete pages.
- All content is rendering correctly as far as I know.
- Schedules have been hidden on the main menu, since they're a mess.
- The map gallery has been simplified into a table. I see no reason not to show all maps at once.
- Individual map rendering is very simple, and none of the tagged maps have any interactivity. This is for a future work block based on BreezeMap, I think.
- The browse tree is working, and is richer in terms of information.
- The static search is basically working well, but there are some tweaks that really need to be done at the level of the staticSearch codebase. There isn't (yet) a special search page for people or places or any of those vague things we've planned, but you should be able to search only biographies, or only place write-ups, so no worries there.
- The snippets are now handled via JSON and the home page snippet changes randomly every 20 seconds. There's remaining work to do to convert the old approach to snippets to the new one, but GL is doing that.
- Facsimile browsing is better, using the FacsBrowser codebase I wrote for DVPP, and now allows rotation of images. It's a bit slow to load when there's a huge collection of images, but short of splitting them into batches (which would involve a lot of extra work), I think we should just live with that.
- Placeography maps are working, having been re-coded using OL/OSM.
- There is still some work to do writing specific citation forms for e.g. maps.
As soon as possible, I propose to push a recent build of this to home1t/coldesp/www, and ask sysadmin to repoint the subdomain so that we can bring down the old Cocoon app.