- Created a DocLauncher application with no GUI, which wraps the mdhHelp functions and can be used to launch tutorials and help files from shortcuts.
- Documented the above.
- Tested and tweaked it.
- Incorporated it into the Transformer installer, and tested the results works well.
- Posted it on the Source Website.
- Rewrote the IMT installer to include the DocLauncher and related functionality/icon creation.
- Updated all the licence docs etc. for the installer.
- Created an icon for the installer archive.
- Built the installer.
- Did a test install on a couple of machines. Contextual Help (F1) wasn't working in dlgAnnCat.
- Went back to Delphi and discovered the HelpContext had been deleted. Added it back in, and checked it for other windows.
- Rebuilt and tested the app.
- Figured out that the Tutorial launching code from within the app wasn't using mdhHelp functions. Rewrote it, rebuilt the app, rebuilt the installer, and tested on my VM where IE is the default browser. Opens in FF, but strangely: nothing is displayed. This needs more investigation. Only seems to show up on the VM, though; other XP machines were OK.
- Added a bit of code to make an example file available on the Recent Files menu if it's the first run of the app.
- Rebuilt installer and distro again.
- Found a Nuvola icon suitable for "Close File".
- Built the BMPs from it.
- Added a Close File action and menu item.
- Tested the app again.
The point of this site is to act as a documentation system for projects. It should offer viewers an insight in to the process of project development in the Humanities Computing & Media Centre. Ideally, it will act as a communication system for interested parties to view, in great detail, how any given project is progressing, or reasons why it isn't.
WAS: The tutorial has lots of outdated info (especially about file formats). Proof it and fix it before you do anything else.
Completed November 8.
WAS: Post all updates to the Website, write to the TEI list, and also post on TAPoR.
Done Nov 11, except for TAPoR post; I can't find the page which allows me to post to the newsfeed!
WAS: All the site pages, including version info, release dates, and roadmap need to be updated ready for release.
All done Nov 9.
WAS: Source code libraries need to be updated, and their desc files checked for accuracy.
Completed Nov 10.
Do thorough testing of non-application-related aspects of the distro:
- Help files launch to correct topic.
- Tutorial launches and works.
- All ancillary files are installed.
- App will uninstall correctly.
- DocBook I/O works.
Test the installer on two or three machines, including Win2000.
WAS: Build a new installer for the IMT, including schemas, docbook and other XSLT, help files, tutorials etc.
Done November 10.
Worked all day to finish the Help docs:
- Added libxml and related Delphi code creators to acknowledgements.
- Wrote the rest of the Categories topic.
- Added lots of XML and TEI-related items to the glossary.
Wrote these topics:
- What can I do with my marked-up images?
- XML file formats
- The Web view output format
- Added new XSLT handlers for ordered lists and non-clickable images.
Built and tested the file.
- Tweaked the CSS quite a bit.
Fixed validation issues raised by the W3C validator.
This is basically ready for prime time now.