The point of this site is to act as a documentation system for projects. It should offer viewers an insight in to the process of project development in the Humanities Computing & Media Centre. Ideally, it will act as a communication system for interested parties to view, in great detail, how any given project is progressing, or reasons why it isn't.
WAS: The tutorial has lots of outdated info (especially about file formats). Proof it and fix it before you do anything else.
Completed November 8.
WAS: Post all updates to the Website, write to the TEI list, and also post on TAPoR.
Done Nov 11, except for TAPoR post; I can't find the page which allows me to post to the newsfeed!
WAS: All the site pages, including version info, release dates, and roadmap need to be updated ready for release.
All done Nov 9.
WAS: Source code libraries need to be updated, and their desc files checked for accuracy.
Completed Nov 10.
Do thorough testing of non-application-related aspects of the distro:
- Help files launch to correct topic.
- Tutorial launches and works.
- All ancillary files are installed.
- App will uninstall correctly.
- DocBook I/O works.
Test the installer on two or three machines, including Win2000.
WAS: Build a new installer for the IMT, including schemas, docbook and other XSLT, help files, tutorials etc.
Done November 10.
Worked all day to finish the Help docs:
- Added libxml and related Delphi code creators to acknowledgements.
- Wrote the rest of the Categories topic.
- Added lots of XML and TEI-related items to the glossary.
Wrote these topics:
- What can I do with my marked-up images?
- XML file formats
- The Web view output format
- Added new XSLT handlers for ordered lists and non-clickable images.
Built and tested the file.
- Tweaked the CSS quite a bit.
Fixed validation issues raised by the W3C validator.
This is basically ready for prime time now.
Spent all day working on the IMT Help:
- Did screenshots of all the windows and dialogs.
- Marked up the image window screenshot.
- Marked up the annotation dialog screenshot.
- Wrote the introduction.
- Updated the acknowledgements.
- Added some glossary entries for P5 etc.
- Began figuring out how to manage small inline images through Docbook.
- Built placeholder files for all the required topics, and added them into the root file.
Integrated the Help calling system into the application, added a Help menu item, and assigned Help keywords to forms.