This post describes the current work that's just starting to create a new Hot Potatoes exercise site for the Alpha to Omega textbook.
- The student working on this project (as MN's workstudy) is RH.
- An svn repo has been set up (sv/greek) containing the old site/textbook material (svn/greek/athena) and a framework for the new one (svn/greek/alpha_to_omega).
- RH has permissions to write to the repo, and has been introduced to svn. He has used git before.
- The work will begin with chapter 14, and go through to 17 as soon as possible, so that current students will have something to work on before their exams.
- RH is booked for two sessions a week on Spade, and I've installed Visual Studio Code on there so that he can use it to develop his own stuff before dumping it into Hot Potatoes. He's planning to use CSS grid layout instead of tables, and has his own custom source file in the repo (css/ross.css) which can be included in HotPot exercises on the fly, to handle the grid layout stuff. He also knows about the HCMC clipart and will use it where appropriate. He is new to Hot Potatoes itself, so will need a little help as he gets started.
180 minutes over the last few days.