I've nearly finished the code which will get a single set of docIds that conform to the currently-selected filter set. Once that's done, I can integrate it with the text search code and have filters finally working properly.
Aside from adding a new collection of images, I've done a lot of work on bits and pieces of the static build code, mainly concentrating on building the structure of the HTML header, and filling out the "original" and "standalone" XML versions with data that will be required to build HTML pages easily. We will need a document type taxonomy, and I think we should actually add it to the source XML for simplicity.
I set up a virtual machine with Ubuntu 16.04 so that I can still use the JNLP client to talk to the old db; it won't work on any recent machine at all.
Worked 1 hour
worked 4 hours
note, finished working on family tree of aleus.
worked 3 hours
Next time: look up terms, names, family lines. when pers with more than one father or mother, look up to see where, Gods with titles sometimes are marked up but under different gods double check why. Finish finding the answer to questions, compile them and email to Bowman.
Everything is always provisional, of course, but I've done everything assigned to me, and also finished the cover and sent it to the print shop to make sure they're OK with it. Fingers crossed. 180 minutes.
Per editors, I've changed the way refs for blockquotes are handled in both the HTML and the PDF, and tested the results; I've also added Schematron rules constraining the use of italics for foreign words, and handled the fallout. I think we have both a clear and coherent policy based on Chicago 17 and a working set of safeguards that prevents (for example) proper nouns from being tagged as foreign (based on capitalization), and the same word or phrase being tagged twice in the same document. The Schematron enabled me to catch a lot more proper nouns that hadn't been noticed yet, and the second rule caught many repeated italicizations in the same text. There is a little bit of fancy footwork to do with the tagging of German, because regular German nouns are capitalized even when they're not proper; one article has a lot of those, and I've solved that by adding a language German language attribute to the tag which turns off the rule.
I have a lot more minor corrections from the last proofing to do, and there is one outstanding question relating to what rendering should be used with epigraphs; waiting to hear from HT on that. This volume may take another couple of weeks. 240 minutes.
worked 3.5 hours