I've now captured the three additional manuscripts we talked about at Tuesday's meeting, and added pb elements to all the manuscripts ready for transcription, so we now have eight manuscripts ready to go, comprising over 2,000 pages; that should keep us going.
I've also added keystroke shortcuts for all the Wendat characters to the Oxygen project, and they're documented in the ODD file and generated HTML.
I've used a pattern based on Shift + Alt + key, or (on Mac) Shift + Option + key; we'll have to see if that works for people (it'll certainly work on the student workstations in HCMC).
I've left French out of the equation for now because the simplest option might just be to have the transcribers use a French keyboard, which they'll presumably be familiar with -- and if they're not, it's more valuable for them to learn a standard French keyboard layout than a made-up system that works only on one project.
I still have a lot of work to do on the TEI encoding for the entries; I've decided I'm not happy with the gramGrp approach, so I'm thinking again. But there's lots of transcription work we can be doing anyway.
Including Tuesday's meeting and trial encoding, 400 minutes.