Met with ML and worked out a new plan:
- Facsimile encoding and a simple HTML rendering suitable for transcription work will be done in the next two weeks.
- Following that, a schema and encoding package with a range of keystroke shortcuts will be created for Oxygen. ML and MH will correspond to create an initial list of characters that need to be handled by keystroke shortcuts.
- We aim to hire our first transcriber/encoder by the end of the exam period.
- We aim to have a selection of the primary sources transcribed and rendered on a public beta site, along with documentation, by the middle of January.
- The grant application for an Insight Dev grant will be able to point at that site in support of the project.
- ML will talk to HD in Special Collections about the possibility of getting the Library's help to get page-images from other institutions, or getting items on inter-library loan to be photographed here.
Did some work on the XSLT and CSS for rendering facsimile documents. 240 minutes.